Đề ôn thi vào 10
Đề ôn thi vào 10
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. brought B. thought C. bought D. drought
2. A. ensure B. leisure C. television D. pleasure
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. display B. intention C. basic D. unless
4. A. although B. mature C. enough D. access
Mark the letter A, B C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions:
5 .The official delegation will arrive at Geneva next Monday.
A B C D
6. What is the most important thing in really life?
A B C D
7. She continued writing after she had supper.
A B C D
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. She came into the room while they ………television.
A. have watches B. watches C. were watching D. have been watching
9………..if I take the map.
A. I’ll get lost B. I’ll not get lost C. I would get lost D. I would get lost
10. I’m right,………?
A. am not B. aren’t I C. am I D. isn’t it
11. He ……..his breakfast at seven o’clock.
A. has not B. does not have C. not has D. not have
12. The news………bad last night.
A. were B. was C. has D. have been
13. Tim ………go fishing with his father when he was young.
A. used to B. is used to C. has used to D. was used to
14. I like watching……….on television.
A. football match B. footballs C. football D. a football
15. ‘‘If a thing isn’t……..” he said ‘‘I can’t give it away”
A. mine B. of mine C. to me D. my
16. Will you……….me to post this letter tomorrow?
A. remember B. remind C. mind D. suggest
Mark a letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each the following exchanges.
17. “What are they like?”
A. They are very nice
B. They are from London
C. They’re in London
D. They’re American
18. “Something is worrying me” ..............................
A. Well, What are you doing?
B. Well, tell me who’s that?
C. Well, tell me what’s worrying you?
D. Well, I know
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) SIMILAR in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. She purchased a number of shares in the company.
a. invested b. sold c. exchanged d. bought
20. We had a nice chat over a cup of tea.
a. formal talk b. informal talk c. serious talk d. long talk
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) opposite meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. I drink some cups of tea, have a quick breakfast and then lead the buffalo to the field.
A. weak B. strict C. slow D. thin
22. I leave the house at a quarter past five and arrive in the field at exactly 5.30.
A. quickly B. weakly C. wrongly D. successfully
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that best fits each space in the following passage.
In the home a dad is very important. He is the (23) ______ who provides us with money to feed and clothe ourselves. He can decorate your bedroom, mend your radio, make cages for your pets, repair a puncture in your bicycle tyre and help you with maths homework. A dad can be very useful for (24) ______ you in the car to and from parties, music and dancing lessons.
A dad is the person whom you ask for pocket money. He is the one who (25) ______ about the time you spend talking on the phone, as he has to pay for the bills. Dad is someone who will support you in a(n) (26) ______ , if he believes you to be right. He is someone who reads your school (27) ______ and treats if it is good. A dad likes to come into a nice happy home evening, and settle back in his chair with a newspaper.
23. A. man B. someone C. person D. anyone
24. A. bringing B. taking C. picking D. carrying
25. A. explains B. shouts C. complains D. groans
26. A. talk B. discussion C. disagreement D. argument
27. A. report B. result. C. record D. review
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions
I was horrified when I found out that my 12-year-old daughter had been arrested for stealing some make-up from a high street chemist’s. This happened because she had been dared by some older children from her school. She was so frightened that she started crying –which is what attracted the attention of the shop assistant. The police were called and she was given a tell-off at the police station.
Since this terrifying experience, she has been too afraid to go out on her own and cries all the time. My husband doesn’t seem to care that much. He says that she shouldn’t have stolen in the first place and was unlucky to be caught. Now it is over she must learn to live with it. But I feel a failure as a parent and am afraid that my child will turn to crime later on in life.
28. Why has Ashamed written this letter?
A. to describe her daughter B. to prove how naughty her daughter is
C. to explain a problem D. to defend her daughter’s actions
29. Who do you think Angela is?
A. her husband B. her daughter C. her old boyfriend D. an advise column in a magazine
30. Why did Ashamed’s daughter steal things?
A. She was frightened by her friends. B. Her schoolmates urged her to do so.
C. She was attracted by the make –up. D. She wanted to wear make-up.
31. How did Ashamed’s daughter feel afterwards?
A. She was frightened. B. She was angry.
C. She wanted to turn to crime. D. She felt she was unlucky.
32. What is the husband’s attitude towards this incident?
A. He is cold. B. He is not worried. C. He is terrified. D. He thinks she should learn to steal.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
33. "Would you like some coffee, Mike?"
A.Jane asked Mike to make her some coffee.
B.Jane wanted to know whether Mike like coffee.
C.Jane offered to make some coffee for Mike.
D.Jane suggested drinking some coffee.
34. Ann had the TV on when her parents entered the room.
A. The TV was on a table in Anne’s room. B. Anne’s parents told her to turn on the TV.
C. Anne noticed her parents watching TV. D. Anne’s parents found her watching TV.
35. Shall we go for a walk?
A. What about go for a walk? B. What about going for a walk?
C. What about going for a walk? D. What about going a walk?
36. He thinks learning English is easy.
A. He thinks it is not easy to learn English B. He thinks it is easy to learn English
B. He thinks it is not easy learning English D. He thinks it is easy learn English
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair sentences in the following questions.
37. He is not flexible in his work; that is why he doesn't have many friends.
A.Having almost no friends makes him inflexible in his work.
B.Such is his inflexibility in his work that he doesn't have many friends.
C.Inflexibility in his work is not why he doesn't have many friends.
- He is not popular with many people although he is flexible in his work.
38. She hoped to find the lost book. She searched everywhere.
A.Hoping to find the lost book, she searched everywhere. B. Hoped to find the lost book, she searched everywhere.
C.Being hope to find the lost book, she searched everywhere. D. Hopes to find the lost book, she searched everywhere.
39. He was exhausted by his work. He threw himself on his bed.
- Was exhausted by his work, he threw himself on his bed. B. Exhaust by his work, he threw himself on his bed.
C. Threw himself on his bed, exhausted by his work. D. Exhausted by his work, he threw himself on his bed.
40. He is not old enough to do the volunteer work.
A. He is very young that he can't do the volunteer work. B. He is too young to do the volunteer work.
C. He can't do the volunteer work because of his old age. D. His youngster prevents him from doing the volunteer work.